Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fathers and Sons Campout

I have once again learned that you are always better off following your instincts rather than thinking to much about a decision. I have two boys and I wanted to take both of them on the campout, but previous experiences with Caleb and camping have resulted in no sleep and a crying boy all night. I told Jody that I would not take him this year but for some reason I changed my mind the week of the campout and took him. We got to the campsite around 12:30 in the afternoon and we had a great day. Tyler and I rode on a 4 wheeler and dad stalled it trying to turn around and it took me a long time to figure out how the start it again. Tyler thought we would have to walk back to camp. Caleb rode on the off rode golf cart that another ward member had brought and had a blast. We had a good dinner and a great program that night around the campfire. But when it came to bed time the battle began. It was cold and I had Caleb in the sleeping back with me but he was just crying and would not sleep. I then went into the van with him but that made no difference. So after two hours of this I just decided it was not worth it anymore and I woke Tyler up and put them both in the van. I tore down the tent and we headed home at midnight. I think it is fair to say that camping with Caleb is going to have to wait a few more years.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

n.comyou need to post some pictures with your stories. nikki

Jared said...

We are learning to listen to our instincts too, it can be a tough lesson sometimes! Good for you though, the boys will only remember how fun the day was, not the crying part.

Jared said...

Good job Chad...you have to keep trying! Jared